Bjorn Skogquist stayed a little too long.
Many of his blunders are now blowing up. The cost is being counted.
Anoka City Forum's Short List:
- $186,000 was written off for 302 Fremont. Thousands more were squandered in legal fees and lost staff time.
(302 being the one thing 302 neighbor Aaron Barr will be remembered for since arriving in Anoka in 2002.)
- $100,000 -Skogquist helps delay Riverspointe.
- $500,000 each year delaying condo project by city hall.
- $1,500,000 in embellishments for downtown ramp.
It's unfortunate the taxpayers money that's been lost can't be divided up and charged just to those citizens who voted to put Skogquist into office.
Don't forget quality of life:
- Expanded liquor hours, expanded policing costs.
- Habitat houses + fence on south Ferry instead of nice townhomes.
- Fractious partisan politics.
- A reputation as a dysfunctional city.
That's just the short list.